This page describes how to set up Tableau Desktop and configure it for use with Rockset. You can integrate Tableau with Rockset to power real-time dashboards on NoSQL data.
The steps below require that you have the Rockset Java SDK jar version 0.7.0+.
Note: Make sure your Tableau Desktop installation is version 2019.2 (or later) and you have Rockset Java SDK version 0.7.0 (or later).
- Get Rockset credentials. Create and save an API Key using the API Key tab of the Rockset Console.
Setup Rockset Java SDK path. Place the Rockset Java SDK jar in the following folder depending on the operating system:
- Windows: C:\Program Files\Tableau\Drivers
- Mac: ~/Library/Tableau/Drivers and/or ~/Library/JDBC
Navigate to JDBC connections. In Tableau, navigate to Connect To a Server and select
Other Databases (JDBC):
- Configure connection. Configure the connection as follows:
jdbc:rockset://api.usw2a1.rockset.comfor URL (or the api url for your region if not Oregon - you can find the list of regions here).
apikeyas Username and Rockset API Key as the password.
- Click on
Explore the schema of all Rockset collections present in your workspace:
Publish a workbook along with a data source to your Tableau server:
- Navigate to Publish Workbook. Select
Serverin the Menu.
- Publish workbook. Edit Data Sources and select
Embedded passwordfor Authentication.
Updated about 1 month ago